Thursday, November 15, 2012

Reality and life.


Here's a picture of cute Qihua to start this post.
I was too lazy to edit it so the white balance looks abit off.

Anyway, today after collecting our promo results, we went to have sogurt at nex while waiting for time to pass before we meet up with Xinyi and Wanqi. 
But due to some communication problems, we ended up at orchard while they went to nex.

So me and Qihua decided to have lunch at Watami! (:
I ate there with my family before but it was at the Clark Quay branch.

He ordered this stone bowl beef rice thingy while I had this other beef bowl which came with a small cold soba.


My beef bowl!


Soba and this salad with amazing dressing !

We both agreed that his taste like pepper lunch while mine like yoshinoya. Haha.
We should have ordered the hotpot or teppanyaki instead :(

After lunch we walked around orchard and shopped at h&m.
I bought 2tops and 1sweater, heh.
I'm going to post the photos another day cause I've this feeling that I may exchange one of the top for something else.

Back to the topic of collecting promo results and the lengthy part;
I did get promoted :D but....
yup, life always comes with a but,
I have to drop one of my h2 subject to h1 cause I did not meet the criteria.

The criteria was to have an average of D, and mine was between D and E.
I should be happy with this result already.
Especially when Qihua pointed out a few says before,
 that I was someone who "truly enjoyed life and is very lucky".

"I only do stuffs which makes me happy and generally avoided those that made me unhappy or I disliked.
I didn't study much cause I don't like to, but still managed to somehow get decent grades.
And, I do not have a goal in life.
Or maybe I do, but it seemed too simplistic and naive to him."

I was kinda upset and frustrated this time though,
as I did not know which subject I should drop:
Physics, Chemistry or Economics.

It's really tough having to decide, and honestly, 
I only wanted to do well so that I would not have to choose which subject to choose.
And when I knew that I have to drop a subject, 
I was seriously considering to drop out of school instead.

Personally, I see no use in JC education, 
especially since we would only use maybe  5-10% of the things we learned.
I don't get how it prepares us for university, and for life.
But as Qihua put it:
"It is a way for them to test your intelligence" 
And I agree.

I just cannot accept and agree with it personally.
I mean like, why not test us with regards to what we ACTUALLY want to study.
Because most of the time, only 1 or maybe 2 subjects is related to what we want to study/work in the future.

When I'm given a subject which I have no interest in to study, I will not give it my all, I will not put in my best effort as I see no point in it.
That is why even if I was given a chance to turn back time again, 
I'm sure my grades would be around the same.

I will study, because I need to pass and promote, because I need to do well in a levels and get into university.
But I know that I have not done my best cause I don't have passion for what I'm doing.
If I love what I'm studying, I would do my very best just because I love doing it.
And that's when I achieve good results.
It doesn't work the other way round.

Some of you may feel that I should have opted for poly instead, just like what my mum said.
But I know that it will be much harder to get into a university if I studied at poly.
Yup I know, nothing satisfies me.

So now, I still have to make a choice,
Physics, Chemistry or Economics?

I guess I will be going with economics, considering our school's a level results last year.
I would love to drop physics really, I don't like Mr Lim and I don't want him to teach me for another year.
And this feeling is increasing every day.
And he's going to say I talk behind his back if he sees this.
So the next time he asks if we like him to be our teacher next year, 
I would really raise up my hand and say no.
I have given him enough respect he deserves.
Shall elaborate next time.

Now me and Andris don't know who to turn to to ask for advice.
Both our CT's are away on leave.
I don't want to speak to Mr Lim, nor Mr Low who only cares bout his bright sparks I guess.
He has his own CT anyway.
I don't think Ms Emily likes us, and Mrs Tan is nice, but I think she abit bo chap?
Hahah. Our class kinda pathetic :(

Just my two cents.
Or alot of cents.


Tomorrow's going to be a better day (:

No comments: